The readings are from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) website.
- Tuesday of the Seventh Week of Ordinary Time February 25, 2020Reading 1 Jas 4:1-10 Beloved: Where do the wars and where do the conflicts among you come from? Is it not from your passions that make war within your members? You covet but do not possess. You kill and envy but you cannot obtain; you fight and wage war. You do not possess because you do not ask. You ask but do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend […]
- Monday of the Seventh Week in Ordinary Time February 24, 2020Reading 1 Jas 3:13-18 Beloved: Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show his works by a good life in the humility that comes from wisdom. But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast and be false to the truth. Wisdom of this kind does not come down from above but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. For where […]
- Seventh Sunday in Ordinary Time February 23, 2020Reading 1 Lv 19:1-2, 17-18 The LORD said to Moses, “Speak to the whole Israelite community and tell them: Be holy, for I, the LORD, your God, am holy. “You shall not bear hatred for your brother or sister in your heart. Though you may have to reprove your fellow citizen, do not incur sin because of him. Take no revenge and cherish no grudge against any of yo […]
- Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter, Apostle February 22, 2020Reading 1 1 Pt 5:1-4 Beloved: I exhort the presbyters among you, as a fellow presbyter and witness to the sufferings of Christ and one who has a share in the glory to be revealed. Tend the flock of God in your midst, overseeing not by constraint but willingly, as God would have it, not for shameful profit but eagerly. Do not lord it over those assigned to yo […]
- Friday of the Sixth Week in Ordinary Time February 21, 2020Reading 1 Jas 2:14-24, 26 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister has nothing to wear and has no food for the day, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, keep warm, and eat well,” but you do not give them the necessities of the body, what good is it […]
- Thursday of the Sixth Week in Ordinary Time February 20, 2020Reading 1 Jas 2:1-9 My brothers and sisters, show no partiality as you adhere to the faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ. For if a man with gold rings and fine clothes comes into your assembly, and a poor person with shabby clothes also comes in, and you pay attention to the one wearing the fine clothes and say, “Sit here, please,” while you say to t […]
- Wednesday of the Sixth Week in Ordinary Time February 19, 2020Reading 1 Jas 1:19-27 Know this, my dear brothers and sisters: everyone should be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger for anger does not accomplish the righteousness of God. Therefore, put away all filth and evil excess and humbly welcome the word that has been planted in you and is able to save your souls. Be doers of the word and not hearers only, […]