The readings are from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) website.
- Monday of the Thirtieth Week in Ordinary Time October 25, 2021Reading I Rom 8:12-17 Brothers and sisters, we are not debtors to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh, you will die, but if by the spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to fall back into […]
- Thirtieth Sunday in Ordinary Time October 24, 2021Reading I Jer 31:7-9 Thus says the LORD: Shout with joy for Jacob, exult at the head of the nations; proclaim your praise and say: The LORD has delivered his people, the remnant of Israel. Behold, I will bring them back from the land of the north; I will gather them from the ends of the world, w […]
- Saturday of the Twenty-ninth Week in Ordinary Time October 23, 2021Reading I Rom 8:1-11 Brothers and sisters: Now there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the spirit of life in Christ Jesus has freed you from the law of sin and death. For what the law, weakened by the flesh, was powerless to do, this God has done: by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for the sake of s […]
- Friday of the Twenty-ninth Week in Ordinary Time October 22, 2021Reading I Rom 7:18-25a Brothers and sisters: I know that good does not dwell in me, that is, in my flesh. The willing is ready at hand, but doing the good is not. For I do not do the good I want, but I do the evil I do not want. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. So, then, I discover the principle that whe […]
- Thursday of the Twenty-ninth Week in Ordinary Time October 21, 2021Reading I Rom 6:19-23 Brothers and sisters: I am speaking in human terms because of the weakness of your nature. For just as you presented the parts of your bodies as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness for lawlessness, so now present them as slaves to righteousness for sanctification. For when you were slaves of sin, you were free from righteousness. But […]
- Wednesday of the Twenty-ninth Week in Ordinary Time October 20, 2021Reading I Rom 6:12-18 Brothers and sisters: Sin must not reign over your mortal bodies so that you obey their desires. And do not present the parts of your bodies to sin as weapons for wickedness, but present yourselves to God as raised from the dead to life and the parts of your bodies to God as weapons for righteousness. For sin is not to have any power o […]
- Memorial of Saints John de Brébeuf and Isaac Jogues, Priests, and Companions, Martyrs October 19, 2021Readings for the Memorial of Saints John de Brébeuf and Isaac Jogues, priests and martyrs, and their companions, martyrs Reading I Rom 5:12, 15b, 17-19, 20b-21 Brothers and sisters: Through one man sin entered the world, and through sin, death, and thus death came to all men, inasmuch as all sinned. If by that one person’s transgression the many died, how mu […]