The readings are from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) website.
- Tuesday of the First Week of Advent December 1, 2020Reading 1 IS 11:1-10 On that day, A shoot shall sprout from the stump of Jesse, and from his roots a bud shall blossom. The Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him: a Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, A Spirit of counsel and of strength, a Spirit of knowledge and of fear of the LORD, and his delight shall be the fear of the LORD. Not by appearance shall […]
- Feast of Saint Andrew, Apostle November 30, 2020Reading 1 ROM 10:9-18 Brothers and sisters: If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For one believes with the heart and so is justified, and one confesses with the mouth and so is saved. The Scripture says, No one who believes in him will be put to shame. There is no di […]
- First Sunday of Advent November 29, 2020Reading 1 IS 63:16B-17, 19B; 64:2-7 You, LORD, are our father,our redeemer you are named forever.Why do you let us wander, O LORD, from your ways,and harden our hearts so that we fear you not?Return for the sake of your servants,the tribes of your heritage.Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down,with the mountains quaking before you,while you wroug […]
- Saturday of the Thirty-fourth Week in Ordinary Time November 28, 2020Reading 1 RV 22:1-7 John said: An angel showed me the river of life-giving water, sparkling like crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of the street, On either side of the river grew the tree of life that produces fruit twelve times a year, once each month; the leaves of the trees serve as medicine for the nations. Nothing a […]
- Friday of the Thirty-fourth Week in Ordinary Time November 27, 2020Reading 1 RV 20:1-4, 11—21:2 I, John, saw an angel come down from heaven, holding in his hand the key to the abyss and a heavy chain. He seized the dragon, the ancient serpent, which is the Devil or Satan, and tied it up for a thousand years and threw it into the abyss, which he locked over it and sealed, so that it could no longer lead the nations astray un […]
- Thursday of the Thirty-fourth Week in Ordinary Time November 26, 2020Readings for the Thanksgiving DayReadings for the Thanksgiving Day Reading 1 RV 18:1-2, 21-23; 19:1-3, 9A I, John, saw another angel coming down from heaven, having great authority, and the earth became illumined by his splendor. He cried out in a mighty voice:“Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great. She has become a haunt for demons. She is a cage for every un […]
- Thanksgiving Day November 26, 2020Readings for the Thursday of the Thirty-fourth Week in Ordinary TimeReadings for the Thanksgiving Day The following are a selection of the readings that may be chosen for this day. Reading 1 Sir 50:22-24 And now, bless the God of all,who has done wondrous things on earth;Who fosters people’s growth from their mother’s womb,and fashions them according to his […]