The readings are from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) website.
- Memorial of Saints Timothy and Titus, bishops January 26, 2021Readings for the Memorial of Saints Timothy and Titus, bishops Reading I 2 Tm 1:1-8 Paul, an Apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God for the promise of life in Christ Jesus, to Timothy, my dear child: grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord. I am grateful to God, whom I worship with a clear conscience as my ancestors did, as […]
- Feast of the Conversion of Saint Paul, Apostle January 25, 2021Reading I Acts 22:3-16 Paul addressed the people in these words: “I am a Jew, born in Tarsus in Cilicia, but brought up in this city. At the feet of Gamaliel I was educated strictly in our ancestral law and was zealous for God, just as all of you are today. I persecuted this Way to death, binding both men and women and delivering them to prison. Even the hig […]
- Third Sunday in Ordinary Time January 24, 2021Reading I Jon 3:1-5, 10 The word of the LORD came to Jonah, saying: “Set out for the great city of Nineveh, and announce to it the message that I will tell you.” So Jonah made ready and went to Nineveh, according to the LORD’S bidding. Now Nineveh was an enormously large city; it took three days to go through it. Jonah began his journey through the city, and […]
- Saturday of the Second Week in Ordinary Time January 23, 2021Reading I Heb 9:2-3, 11-14 A tabernacle was constructed, the outer one, in which were the lampstand, the table, and the bread of offering; this is called the Holy Place. Behind the second veil was the tabernacle called the Holy of Holies. But when Christ came as high priest of the good things that have come to be, passing through the greater and more perf […]
- Day of Prayer for the Legal Protection of Unborn Children January 22, 2021Readings for the Day of Prayer for the Legal Protection of Unborn Children Reading I Heb 8:6-13 Brothers and sisters: Now our high priest has obtained so much more excellent a ministry as he is mediator of a better covenant, enacted on better promises. For if that first covenant had been faultless, no place would have been sought for a second one. But he f […]
- Memorial of Saint Agnes, Virgin and Martyr January 21, 2021Readings for the Memorial of Saint Agnes, virgin and martyr Reading I Heb 7:25—8:6 Jesus is always able to save those who approach God through him, since he lives forever to make intercession for them. It was fitting that we should have such a high priest: holy, innocent, undefiled, separated from sinners, higher than the heavens. He has no need, as did th […]
- Wednesday of the Second Week in Ordinary Time January 20, 2021Reading I Heb 7:1-3, 15-17 Melchizedek, king of Salem and priest of God Most High, met Abraham as he returned from his defeat of the kings and blessed him. And Abraham apportioned to him a tenth of everything. His name first means righteous king, and he was also “king of Salem,” that is, king of peace. Without father, mother, or ancestry, without beginning o […]