The readings are from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) website.
- Friday of the Twenty-fifth Week in Ordinary Time September 25, 2020Reading 1 ECCL 3:1-11 There is an appointed time for everything, and a time for every thing under the heavens. A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to uproot the plant. A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to tear down, and a time to build. A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance. A time to […]
- Thursday of the Twenty-fifth Week in Ordinary Time September 24, 2020Reading 1 ECCL 1:2-11 Vanity of vanities, says Qoheleth, vanity of vanities! All things are vanity! What profit has man from all the labor which he toils at under the sun? One generation passes and another comes, but the world forever stays. The sun rises and the sun goes down; then it presses on to the place where it rises. Blowing now toward the south, th […]
- Memorial of Saint Pius of Pietrelcina, Priest September 23, 2020Readings for the Memorial of Saint Pius of Pietrelcina, priest Reading 1 PRV 30:5-9 Every word of God is tested; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Add nothing to his words, lest he reprove you, and you will be exposed as a deceiver. Two things I ask of you, deny them not to me before I die: Put falsehood and lying far from me, give me neither p […]
- Tuesday of the Twenty-fifth Week in Ordinary Time September 22, 2020Reading 1 PRV 21:1-6, 10-13 Like a stream is the king’s heart in the hand of the LORD; wherever it pleases him, he directs it. All the ways of a man may be right in his own eyes, but it is the LORD who proves hearts. To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice. Haughty eyes and a proud heart– the tillage of the wicked is sin. T […]
- Feast of Saint Matthew, Apostle and Evangelist September 21, 2020Reading 1 EPH 4:1-7, 11-13 Brothers and sisters: I, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to live in a manner worthy of the call you have received, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another through love, striving to preserve the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace: one Body and one Spirit, as you were also called to the […]
- Twenty-fifth Sunday in Ordinary Time September 20, 2020Reading 1 IS 55:6-9 Seek the LORD while he may be found, call him while he is near. Let the scoundrel forsake his way, and the wicked his thoughts; let him turn to the LORD for mercy; to our God, who is generous in forgiving. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways, says the LORD. As high as the heavens are above the earth, so high a […]
- Saturday of the Twenty-fourth Week in Ordinary Time September 19, 2020Reading 1 1 COR 15:35-37, 42-49 Brothers and sisters: Someone may say, “How are the dead raised? With what kind of body will they come back?”You fool! What you sow is not brought to life unless it dies. And what you sow is not the body that is to be but a bare kernel of wheat, perhaps, or of some other kind. So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is so […]