The readings are from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) website.
- Wednesday of the Nineteenth Week in Ordinary Time August 12, 2020Reading 1 EZ 9:1-7; 10:18-22 The LORD cried loud for me to hear: Come, you scourges of the city! With that I saw six men coming from the direction of the upper gate which faces the north, each with a destroying weapon in his hand. In their midst was a man dressed in linen, with a writer’s case at his waist. They entered and stood beside the bronze altar. The […]
- Memorial of Saint Clare, Virgin August 11, 2020Readings for the Memorial of Saint Clare, virgin Reading 1 EZ 2:8—3:4 The Lord GOD said to me: As for you, son of man, obey me when I speak to you: be not rebellious like this house of rebellion, but open your mouth and eat what I shall give you. It was then I saw a hand stretched out to me, in which was a written scroll which he unrolled before me. It was c […]
- Feast of Saint Lawrence, Deacon and Martyr August 10, 2020Reading 1 2 COR 9:6-10 Brothers and sisters: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each must do as already determined, without sadness or compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. Moreover, God is able to make every grace abundant for you, so that in all things, always having all you need, […]
- Nineteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time August 9, 2020Reading 1 1 KGS 19:9A, 11-13A At the mountain of God, Horeb,Elijah came to a cave where he took shelter. Then the LORD said to him,“Go outside and stand on the mountain before the LORD;the LORD will be passing by.” A strong and heavy wind was rending the mountainsand crushing rocks before the LORD—but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an […]
- Memorial of Saint Dominic, Priest August 8, 2020Readings for the Memorial of Saint Dominic, priest Reading 1 HAB 1:12—2:4 Are you not from eternity, O LORD, my holy God, immortal? O LORD, you have marked him for judgment, O Rock, you have readied him punishment! Too pure are your eyes to look upon evil, and the sight of misery you cannot endure. Why, then, do you gaze on the faithless in silence while the […]
- Friday of the Eighteenth Week in Ordinary Time August 7, 2020Reading 1 NA 2:1, 3; 3:1-3, 6-7 See, upon the mountains there advances the bearer of good news, announcing peace! Celebrate your feasts, O Judah, fulfill your vows! For nevermore shall you be invaded by the scoundrel; he is completely destroyed. The LORD will restore the vine of Jacob, the pride of Israel, Though ravagers have ravaged them and ruined the t […]
- Feast of the Transfiguration of the Lord August 6, 2020Reading 1 DN 7:9-10, 13-14 As I watched: Thrones were set up and the Ancient One took his throne. His clothing was bright as snow, and the hair on his head as white as wool; his throne was flames of fire, with wheels of burning fire. A surging stream of fire flowed out from where he sat; Thousands upon thousands were ministering to him, and myriads upon myri […]