The readings are from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) website.
- Memorial of Saints Andrew Kim Tae-gon, Priest, and Paul Chong Ha-sang, and Companions, Martyrs September 20, 2019Reading 1 1 Tm 6:2c-12 Beloved:Teach and urge these things.Whoever teaches something differentand does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christand the religious teachingis conceited, understanding nothing,and has a morbid disposition for arguments and verbal disputes.From these come envy, rivalry, insults, evil suspicions,and mutual friction a […]
- Thursday of the Twenty-fourth Week in Ordinary Time September 19, 2019Reading 1 1 Tm 4:12-16 Beloved:Let no one have contempt for your youth,but set an example for those who believe,in speech, conduct, love, faith, and purity.Until I arrive, attend to the reading, exhortation, and teaching.Do not neglect the gift you have,which was conferred on you through the prophetic wordwith the imposition of hands by the presbyterate.Be d […]
- Wednesday of the Twenty-fourth Week in Ordinary Time September 18, 2019Reading 1 1 Tm 3:14-16 Beloved:I am writing you,although I hope to visit you soon.But if I should be delayed,you should know how to behave in the household of God,which is the Church of the living God,the pillar and foundation of truth.Undeniably great is the mystery of devotion,Who was manifested in the flesh,vindicated in the spirit,seen by angels,proclaim […]
- Tuesday of the Twenty-fourth Week in Ordinary Time September 17, 2019Reading 1 1 Tm 3:1-13 Beloved, this saying is trustworthy:whoever aspires to the office of bishop desires a noble task.Therefore, a bishop must be irreproachable,married only once, temperate, self-controlled,decent, hospitable, able to teach,not a drunkard, not aggressive, but gentle,not contentious, not a lover of money.He must manage his own household well […]
- Memorial of Saints Cornelius, Pope, and Cyprian, Bishop, Martyrs September 16, 2019Reading 1 1 Tm 2:1-8 Beloved:First of all, I ask that supplications, prayers,petitions, and thanksgivings be offered for everyone,for kings and for all in authority,that we may lead a quiet and tranquil lifein all devotion and dignity. This is good and pleasing to God our savior,who wills everyone to be savedand to come to knowledge of the truth.For there is […]
- Twenty-fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time September 15, 2019Reading 1 Ex 32:7-11, 13-14 The LORD said to Moses,"Go down at once to your people,whom you brought out of the land of Egypt,for they have become depraved. They have soon turned aside from the way I pointed out to them,making for themselves a molten calf and worshiping it,sacrificing to it and crying out,'This is your God, O Israel,who brought you […]
- Feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross September 14, 2019Reading 1 Nm 21:4b-9 With their patience worn out by the journey,the people complained against God and Moses,"Why have you brought us up from Egypt to die in this desert,where there is no food or water?We are disgusted with this wretched food!"In punishment the LORD sent among the people saraph serpents,which bit the people so that many of them die […]